Sunday, February 27, 2011

Finally Back Home

I was supposed to be home Friday night, but I was just too tired to drive, so I stayed at the hotel one more day/night and did nothing but sleep. Woke up to a little snow, maybe an inch, and once I got on the road, it got ugly. On an interstate that you can drive 75 on, I was lucky to go 50. On the positive side, it made my gas mileage go up to 40 mpg. So I get home, and brought my stuff in the hoouse, went out to get a pizza, then  mom and I had dinner, and back into bed I went. Have even had a nap already today !

I had everything I needed to take pictures of my cards -- except the cards ! Boy, did I feel stupid. I did get lots of goodies, which I will tell you about Tomorrow.

Trips take alot out of me, and I got another one of those lovely steroid shots in my hip. It's working very well, but as for my back, there are 4 vertebrae that are acting up, and I found out that one or more of my meds is causing me (along with me) to gain weight. Looks like a big conference to change things again to see if it works.

Bear with me, and I'll get this blog going again.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Glad you made it home okay. Must be a pain to have to go so far for doctors. I guess that makes me glad I like in a city (sometimes). Hope the doctors get things figured out. I am starting a new plan (not really new) of eating and exercising this week. I have to lose weight before DD wedding in Sept.

Liz said...

It is kind of a pain to drive up there, but it does give me a chance to go shopping and spend the night. I could use my military insurance here, but that costs money, Going to the VA Hospital is free.